The journal Studia Comeniana et historica (SCetH) is focused on comeniology, history of 16th–18th century and regional history of Moravian-Slovak border region.
It has been published continually since 1971.
Publishing schedule: the journal is published once a year as a double issue.
Editorial Process: articles are impartially reviewed by two experts (double blind peer review).
We accept contributions dealing with:
- Czech translations of Comenius′ texts
- information about comeniological literature (both Czech and foreign)
- topical reports on comeniological conferences or exhibitions
- history of 16th–18th century
- philosophy and literature of Early Modern Age and related areas
- history of the region
The journal does not charge any fees for the submitted manuscripts or for the peer review process.
ISSN: 0323-2220 (print)
Publisher: Muzeum Jana Amose Komenského v Uherském Brodě (John Amos Comenius’ Museum in Uherský Brod)
Publishing Ethics: the ethics statement of the journal is based on the Code of Conduct guidelines of the Committee of Publication Ethics (COPE), available at www.publicationethics.org. All the parties involved in publishing our journal (i.e. editors, authors, reviewers and publishers) are expected to adhere to the following ethical principles.
Copyright and licensing matters: the journal abides by the laws that cover the issue of copyright and licences. See the following section.
How to access the journal: it is possible to buy the hard copy directly in the ticket office of the John Amos Comenius’ Museum in Uherský Brod (Přemysla Otakara II. 36), or you can order it through our website; it is also possible to subscribe to the journal.
The journal is included in:
- ERIH PLUS Database (European Reference Index for the Humanities)
- EBSCOhost Online Research Databases
- Catalogues and Databases of the National Library of the Czech Republic